Friday 27 March 2020

Making the decision to go back to work next week

My business is reopening on Monday Morning as being a small business, I only have to work by myself  I can get the work done. If at a slower rate and have to be creative in how I do a two man job with just one pair of hands,  Boat builders are often creative people in the first place so it should be fun learning new skills.

Having looked at all the government press releases and my own business federation British Marine, It is clear to me that as I work alone in my own boatyard and have no contact with other people during my working day. There is no reason not to go to work and work on my clients boats and other jobs. I have a locked yard which during the day is always locked and is going to stay that way until this Covid 19 situation is resolved. Therefore I am putting nobody at risk or myself and I am working on my clients jobs so that when this situation is resolved which it will be in the future the jobs will be finished and my business will be able to weather this storm and survive and be there and be able to work back at full speed. 

 When the situation is finally resolved I will then employ a couple of workers  get the major work back on track and get the work done and the client's can have their boats back and be in a position to take more work in. May be the odd Hardy or Shetland or even build a boat or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment